Thursday, June 1, 2017

sherry

Just Add Sherry
4-24-17

She's in my eye
And the shadow of me
We never said goodbye
Lobster bisque
Just add sherry
Not enough to make one inebriated
And bondage in other lands
With a brother kicking up desert sands
As if it were low noon
Lift up that staff
God has got this one
Never mind my blues for breakfast
To give change to take up the spoil
And anoint her with baby oil
Where indignation will cease
If such is what I choose
For the fruit of a stout heart
Midian at the rock of Oreb and smooth sailing....





Stem Of Jesse
4-24-17

Besides the point
I want to rock this joint
With oil to anoint
In that day my burden is taken away
So much easier to walk away from it all
By the stem of Jesse
Christ will judge in righteousness
To lop the boughs with peace
As I pray and not cease
All for the artichoke
Never mind my heart that drifts
In eyes of sweetness
And tears for my sugar trough
What does that say
That all we have is new desires
The point as to remain in Moab
For corn on the cobb....






No comments:

Post a Comment