Sunday, July 27, 2014

waking up

Going back to my spring archives....






"Wake Up!"
3-23-14


Wake up, the church cannot live
In the shadow of glory days gone by
We must live again when we agree to die
Wake up and be watchful
You have a reputation of being alive
But yet art dead
O, Lord provide today this daily bread
Wake up, arise
Pour the morning coffee
And be thou wise
Wake up and just be you
And cleave to all that is just and true
As even when you take it all out of contrast
The word here does not change
By our reality ordinary
And our fiction dark and strange
It used to be so easy
When I was in my ignorance
I woke up this morning
So therefore I am blessed
Go back to sleep
And dream of sweeter days to come
As he that sanctifies
And those being sanctified
Are as one
Wake up!














I Did It Again
3-23-14


We are the hands and the feet of Christ
As so our prayers will unbind his extremities
To do great things now here and today
In that I must adapt to narrower spaces and lines
And consider what I left behind
Of those sweet wines
Putting new wine into old wineskins
Wherein Christ calls us
To live in joy
And no more in fear
Telling us to pray on earth
As it is in heaven
By the eschatology of these latter times
Of higher hope
As so I do just this
To but manage and cope
As you are also the evangelist
In taking up the pen
Yeah, we are the hands and feet of Christ
As I say Praise the Lord
Yeah, I did it again....


























Adrenalin
3-23-14


By the adrenalin of being omniscient
I stand outside of time
To talk face to face with the Holy Spirit
Quite efficient
Repeating my mantra
That it's getting better
According to God's love letter
Where we are conditioned to look at what is wrong
Instead of what is right
Where my agenda today
Is the gospel of Jesus
Reformed to as it is
And no more bullshit
This I cry out for
So that I can make sense of this malarkey
As in sanctification
We won't always be in comfort
Stepping outside of the box once again
To but test my faith
By the adrenalin of being omniscient
I come to give you life abundantly....






















"Keep Them On"
3-23-14


A voice in my head says
For me to keep them on
Referring to my metal and grunge archives
That I have played since two hours before the dawn
They put these words to my mouth
Until again I'll be long gone
To return to the here and now
And mow again the lawn
I have come to give you life abundantly
Allowing the Spirit to write through me
Being pessimistic by nature
Given the choice to exercise today my joy
In that it's going to get better
If and when this is what I believe
By the still small voice
That says, "Keep them on"....


































On Amos 3:15
3-24-14


Houses of ivory yet perish
Where mansions of gold stand fast
By their authenticity
The comer doth cherish
As he whom builds the house
Has more honor than the house
That stands on its own
Being one to keep the beat
Drumming upon my collar bone
Given another beautiful day
Quite content to stay in and bask in the sunlight
Through my window facing east
Yet to visit my own transgressions
Having at home my own kind of feast
Where the horns of the altar are cut off
As they fall to the ground
As so I wish you well on your way
And I'll see you around....












On First Samuel 15:3
3-24-14


We are not to use liberty
For the occasion of the flesh
Yet for us such is needful
While the coffee is hot and fresh
By my recollections of today
I return to the here and now
That doth serve as the narrow way
Staying home to watch the sunshine
Given much to say
Being one to keep the words of the Lord
Right before my eyes
Going now to attack the Amalekites
Fitted with breastplate and shield
By the taste of egg whites
Blessed in abundance
Amongst the next several peaceful nights
Yet to have another dream
Of me, the poet that still writes...












Amelek
3-24-14


I will be today the intercessor
Of those at the party
That I choose to be absent from
Being one to yet disperse to finches
My pumpernickel bread crumb
Declining from the proposition
Following the beat of my own drum
Taking my Amalekites alive
Being as one to yet prevail and survive
Destroying my giants with the edge of the sword
To go to sleep and again yet revive
I will be today the intercessor
Where the Kenites have departed
Saying blessings upon their slices sweet and of five
This is that which I will do my part
To pray for them to serve as my work of art....

























































No comments:

Post a Comment